Re: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

  • From: Edward B. Dreger
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 18:55:18 2005

JJ> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:41:34 -0800 (PST)
JJ> From: Joel Jaeggli

JJ> > How about using SMTP AUTH and verifying the envelope MAIL FROM to match
JJ> > the actual user authenticating?
JJ>
JJ> that doesn't work if you have more than one email address.

The words "overreaching" and "fallacious" come to mind.

JJ> auth is sufficient to make email traceable to your own customers.

End users also would appreciate the ability to _know_ a message is not
forged.  Alas, I doubt much has changed since last October's BCP38
discussions, so perhaps I should not hold my breath.

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/