Re: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 15:35:46 2005

Chris Adams wrote:
What does that have to do with SMTP rate limiting?

A lot since the original question was:

> Do you let your customers send an unlimited number of
> emails per day? Per hour? Per minute? If so, then why?

and an answer was:

> Because there are *NO* packages available that offer limiting.
> Free or commercial.

So I corrected it, software is available that allows you limit/tarpit SMTP connections as well as limit a number of messages a user can send in a given time period.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Please excuse me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get this database working.