Re: Time to check the rate limits on your mail servers

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Thu Feb 03 10:15:49 2005

Joel Perez wrote:

I keep reading these articles and reports about this botnet and that
botnet problem and how many user's pc's are infected.
The only thing I don't see is a way to remove these bots!
Not everyone knows how to even look at their machines for signs of these
bots. Heck, I know most of my guys here don't even know how these bots
work.

It would be impossible to educate everybody but it's better to try than
sitting around blocking this and that and not really solving the issue
at hand.

That again. Thats not an operational problem. Thats a help desk issue. Operational is mail-ops nailing these infected people and net-ops cutting them off at the knees and yanking their connectivity. This is exactly the direction we want things to be heading.