Re: High Density Multimode Runs BCP?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Wed Jan 26 21:19:46 2005

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:23:17PM -0500, Deepak Jain wrote:

I have a situation where I want to run Nx24 pairs of GE across a datacenter to several different customers. Runs are about 200meters max.

When running say 24-pairs of multi-mode across a datacenter, I have considered a few solutions, but am not sure what is common/best practice.
I assume multiplexing up to 10Gb (possibly two links thereof) and then
back down is cost-prohibitive?  That's probably the "best" practice.

Thor

It's best practice to put two new points of failure (mux + demux) in a 200m fiber run?

John