Re: Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Mon Jan 24 02:51:13 2005

I do not expect, that any carriet took this as an emergency - defect is
quite harmless (DOS in the worst case, + no exploits known, + no any
interest for anyone to do it, + VoIP gateways involved only...). Even if
someone is doing maintanance, it can be noticed by VoIP network users only.

Moreover, correct me if it was not defect in Cisco express call center (call
center @ IOS) - I can not image carriers using this (it was designed for
small businesses).

Why to get simple, relatively harmless (require ugrade in next scheduled
time, usually 1 - 3 weeks) defect as a terrible threat to everyone? Even BGP
problem was much more dangerous (and no single case known since this, so it
was not emergency as well)..