Re: Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

  • From: Jeff Rosowski
  • Date: Sun Jan 23 08:35:35 2005

Has anyone heard about some carriers doing emergency maintenance tonight
on Internet routers due to a code vulnerability?  I'm trying to find out
what vendor it involves and the details behind it.  I understand it's
still under NDA, but I'm sure someone out there knows more.
I doubt it's related, but the only thing I noticed is that sometime around 4am PST, twtelecom seems to have started blocking port 22 somewhere between 66.192.251.24 and 66.192.255.90, since I was in the middle of an ssh session when it dropped. Fortunately, I run a secondary ssh process, as well as have several alternate routes available to get around this. So I just forwarded the tcptraceroutes and other appropriate info to Cox (as this is from my cablemodem at home) since I don't want to really call twtelecom's noc at 4 in the morning.