Re: Registrars serve no useful purpose

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sat Jan 22 16:29:29 2005

Joe Rhett wrote:

What if a company doesn't want to deal with
any registrar? What if they just want to
register their domain name and have it stay registered.
I really can't think of any domain name registrant that this statement
doesn't apply to -- even the spammers.

<shrug>  The purpose is so that someone can do all the "paperwork" for when
that customer needs to change something ;-)
The alternative is dealing with VGRS directly, and with apologies to the Verisign employees here who I'm sure aren't directly responsible for some of the extremely net-unfriendly activities Verisign has perpetrated lately, I wouldn't want to deal with the company myself.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)