Re: Major AboveNet problems?

  • From: David A.Ulevitch
  • Date: Fri Jan 21 13:52:56 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Chris A. Epler wrote:

Anyone have any details on what is going on with AboveNet?  Evidently
something major but our support contacts didn't have a lot of details,
said there'd be something out later this afternoon about it.  Wondering
if others are experiencing problems with them.

We received this totally ambiguous and non-specific message this morning:
Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing network
connectivity issues.  These issues began at
04:00am (EST).  We are investigating the cause
and will continue to keep you updated as to the
progress and resolution of this event.

If you have any further questions or concerns,
please feel free to call the AboveNet 24x7 NMC.
The number to call is as follows: 1 (877) 226-
8363 or 1 (877) ABOVENET or locally at (408) 350-
6673 or internationally at 001 (408)350-6673.

Thank you,

AboveNet Client Services

Note: If you wish to be removed from the CNS
(Customer Notification List), please respond to
this email with “Remove” as the subject.
I ignored it since our connectivity from multiple points all seem pretty reasonable...

-davidu