Re: Please Check Filters - BOGON Filtering IP Space 72.14.128.0/19

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 11:07:19 2005

Is there an RFC or other standards document that clearly states that static
bogon filter lists are a bad idea? While this seems like common sense, there
was just an RFC published on why IP addresses for specific purposes (like
NTP) shouldn't be encoded into hardware.

Using a dynamic feed needs to be codified so that it finds its way into
training classes, documentation, etc. Otherwise, this problem will recur
indefinitely.

- Dan