Re: Regarding registrar LOCK for panix.com

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 09:41:55 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:18:03 +0000, [email protected]
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I hope that the NANOG reform discussion spends a good
> bit of its time on articulating a vision for the future
> of a membership-based NANOG organization, and not worry
> so much about past problems.

That is something I am working on, as it strikes me as a really good
way to bring more asian operators into the mainstream.

A clueful contact at an ISP prevents people dropping in blackhole
routes and access.db entries for huge netblocks when they see the
first sign of abuse from out of there ... which would be a very good
thing.

INOC-DBA does get talked about on several other operator lists like
apricot and sanog .. but there's not nearly enough adoption yet.  I'm
still hopeful about seeing it grow in popularity and get some critical
mass.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])