Re: Confirmation of receipt of the transfer request at Verisignfor panix.com

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 07:06:17 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Richard Parker wrote:

> on 1/19/05 9:56 PM, Bruce Tonkin at [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Here is the copy of the email Melbourne IT received.
>
> Thanks for providing a copy of the e-mail Bruce.  You've been
> extraordinarily forthcoming on NANOG.  I wish that Dotster, as the losing
> registrar, was as willing to discuss the hijack of panix.com as you as a
> representative of the gaining registrar, Melbourne IT, have been.

According to http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1751981,00.asp
there were actually several other domains hijacked over the weekend
(aem.com, f3.com) in addition to panix.com. While those other domains
were transfered to different registrar (not MIT), apparently all of
them were previously with Dotster. Hmm...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks