Re: Regarding panix.com

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Jan 18 20:14:43 2005

Bruce Tonkin wrote:

Most major registrars and ICANN have direct contacts into the technical
parts of Melbourne IT.    I received notification from several parties
via email (but I don't read email 24 hours a day).
Bruce,

Offlist, I have already given you some suggestions that I hope will be helpful to your organization. Let me offer an additional suggestion: that in a situation like this where you are, or one of your resellers is, involved in an inappropriate transfer, there should be a method to escalate to the right place. "the right place" doesn't necessarily have to be you, of course, but it has to be someone with the authority to examine and fix the problem.

It's really not a customer service issue unless the company with the problem is a customer of yours. And as we saw with Panix, you can get involved in a situation that involves a company that has never done business with you.

HTH.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)