Re: The entire mechanism is Wrong!

  • From: Doug Dever
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 09:58:14 2005

Previously, Christopher L. Morrow ([email protected]) wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> > >
> > > If people like Melbourne IT are going to claim they can't act on
> > > weekends, it might also be sensible not to allow transfers to be
> > > processed between Thursday and Sunday, though honestly I think if you
> > > are going to be a registrar, you are going to have to deal with
> > > problems over weekends.
> > It is their dirty problem - if they can not act on weekend, they can not
> > maintain a registry, that's all.
> >

> provided their contract requires some form of 24/7 support, and there is
> an SLA to manage that requirement. If there isn't then there is no need
> for 24/7 support (no contractual reason), it just becomes a business
> differentiator for clients when chosing registrar X or registrar Y
>
> (or so it seems to me)

Except those clients get affected when something like this happens..
Even if Company A decided to go with Registrar X because they have 24/7
support, if that domain gets moved to Registrar Y and it was not
intended to (malicious intent, technical error, whatever...), it
suddenly doesn't matter if they chose X does it?

--
Douglas A. Dever   [email protected]
http://www.getaclue.net/