RE: panix.com in australian press

  • From: Steve Birnbaum
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 03:29:21 2005

   However Theo Hnarakis, chief executive officer and managing
   director of the company, denied Melbourne IT had been slow to
   act. "Alex Rosen contacted me at midday Sunday and within
   24 hours we ascertained that his complaint was genuine and
   transferred the domain back," he said.

Hmm....

I wonder if Mr. Hnarakis would feel that 24hrs of having a business
effectively shut down would feel like such a brief period if it were his
own.  That comment seems perhaps a bit callous, or at best poorly informed
of the situation.

But the fact that the "time to verify validity" card was played here only
strengthens the justification for an automatic rollback as was suggested
already.  Let the lawyers battle it out, but let them do it while things are
working.

regards,

  Steve