RE: Regarding panix.com

  • From: Bruce Tonkin
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 02:37:26 2005

Hello All,

I have had a few emails regarding a perception that we have limited
support to deal with issues such as panix.com, so I will just set the
record straight.

We provide a standard first level retail customer service line 24 hours
by 5.5 days.  (which gives business hours service in all world time
zones).

We provide 24 hour by 7 day customer service for resellers (typically
ISPs, web hosting companies etc).

We provide 24 hour by 7 day second level technical operations support.

Most major registrars and ICANN have direct contacts into the technical
parts of Melbourne IT.    I received notification from several parties
via email (but I don't read email 24 hours a day).

We are looking at our processes to ensure that incidents such as
occurred with panix.com can be addressed more quickly within Melbourne
IT, and also checking to ensure that an appropriate number of external
people have access to the right contacts at Melbourne IT to fast track
serious issues.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Chief Technology Officer