Re: The entire mechanism is Wrong!

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Sun Jan 16 21:11:15 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005, Chris Adams wrote:

> We're a relatively small ISP compared to many on NANOG, but we have a
> 24x7 on-call system with an answering service.  All domain registrars
> should be required to have 24x7 service.

I agree they should have 24/7 support.

Just remember that, as an example, Melbourne IT has probably two orders
of magnitude more clients than you. A 24x7 pager service would attract
a /lot/ of "Emergencies" and as such they'd have to consider running
at least a muppet level call service outside of hours to filter
"emergency" requests away from the normal signup procedures and over
to the People Who Really Fix Things.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"You don't have a TV? Then what's
<[email protected]>	    all your furniture pointing at?"