Re: Association of Trustworthy Roots?

  • From: gnulinux
  • Date: Sun Jan 16 16:49:08 2005

On 16 Jan 2005 at 21:31, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

> [email protected] (William Allen Simpson) wrote:
>
> > While the Association of Trustworthy ISPs idea has some merit, we've
> > not been too successful in self-organizing lately.  ISP/C?
>
> I thought we already had built such a thing, currently covered by ICANN.

let's think outside the box.

there's no reason that nanog (or anyone willing to run
a mailing list) couldn't create an ad hoc
decentralized Trustworthy ISP/Root service.  heck,
such a thing may even encourage more active
participation in nanog.  having a shared group
identity where the rubber meets the road is very
powerful.  it's the underlying motivator behind the
nanog, xBSD, GPL, torrent, tor, (pick your non-
hierarchical community driven project), etc. clans.

there's also no reason that this has to replace ICANN.
 and it would likely have the exact result on existing
entities that you mention below - improved
trustworthiness.

peace