Re: panix.com hijacked

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Sun Jan 16 02:05:49 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:32:46 EST, Henry Yen said:

> from panix shell hosts motd:
>
> . panix.net usable as panix.com (marcotte) Sat Jan 15 10:44:57 2005

So let's see.. the users will see this when they log into shell.panix.net
(since shell.panix.com is borked).. Somehow, that doesn't seem to help much..

Not that there's any *better* solution, other than changing the top level of the
phone tree to say:

"Hi, we're out with baseball bats looking for the guys who broke panix.com.
In the meantime, you can use 'panix.net' as a temporary solution.  If you've
tried this already and it still doesn't work, or if you have some *other* issue,
please press '9' now..."

(Been there, done that - we had a major mail hub outage a while ago, and tried
to get the word out by sending everybody a voice mail message, which our phone
system vendor *said* should work.  We resisted the temptation to send everybody
e-mail saying the voice mail system was down... ;)