Re: Proper authentication model

  • From: Erik Haagsman
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 06:08:00 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 20:12, Daniel Golding wrote:

> The biggest problem I've seen with dial-up OOB is reliability. You really
> need you really need to have a good series of testing scripts to ensure that
> all the phone lines are working, modems have reset properly, serial ports
> are ok, etc. Without this, reliability is low.

Although it's perhaps not as reliable as a series of dedicated cicruits
to connect various locations, I don't consider an ISDN router with it's
Ethernet port connected to a management ethernet port as an unreliable
solution. Modems and TA's perhaps, but a series of 2600's or similar
devices with basic rate interfaces on each location shouldn't be your
biggest worry at the moment you actually need them.

CHeers,

--
---
Erik Haagsman