RE: Proper authentication model

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Jan 12 12:59:58 2005

There may be common points of failure like a carrier hotel, but I
haven't been told I couldn't see loop or longhaul maps when planning
a circuit, except when buying from other than a carrier[1] or tier2.
Primary and protect should be geographically seperated and if
your carrier isn't buying access to BOTH conduits in your entrance
facility, you should ask why. I just don't usually see this problem
and I've *never* not  been able to get into a facility remotely by
the diversified frame M/S method.

If we're talking semantics, order type 2 ds0s.

[1] I'm talking RBOC tier1 for the most part. I would consider tier 1
    to be SBC, AT&T, MCI, Sprint, etc. Facilities based.

-M<