Re: [eweek article] Window of "anonymity" when domain exists, whoisnot updated yet

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Tue Jan 11 11:25:41 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, David Barak wrote:

> seriously, there have been various proposals ([ADV],
> etc) to facilitate "legit UCE," but that hasn't slowed
> the arms race.  How would you recommend that we make
> it easier for legit businesses?

Legit businesses do not use spam.  The phrase "Legit UCE" is similar to
"Legit fraud" or "Legit theft".

If legit businesses want to use "SCE" or solicited commercial email, then
such email is expected to be received and welcomed by the recipient and
by definition not spam.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - [email protected]
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV