Re: Email Security Glossary

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Mon Jan 10 23:09:33 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, william(at)elan.net wrote:

> I recently created email security glossary out of the smaller one that was
> included in mta-signatures paper (its now > 5 times larger with almost 300
> terms and abbreviations!), it includes primarily email and cryptography
> abbreviations and terms but number of related network and dns terms are
> also there. This glossary will be shared among several of my projects and
> websites, but currently its first official location is:
>   http://www.metasignatures.org/glossary.htm
>
> Feel free to check this out and if you find any terms that you do not
> believe are accurately described, let me know.

I would represent "spam" in all lower-case letters.  The all-CAPS format
you use throughout the document is a trademark of Hormel Foods.  Hormel
acknowledges the generic use of the term "spam" referring to email but
requests that it not be capitalized.  Otherwise an excellent reference.

See http://www.spam.com/ci/ci_in.htm

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - [email protected]
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV