Re: Contact at Austrian Telecom - urgent

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Jan 10 09:04:47 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:50:15 +0000, [email protected]
<[email protected]> wrote:
> 1. Did you try using inoc-dba to contact
> other Austrian providers like ACONET
> to ask them this question?
>
> 2. After you finally made contact with
> Austrian Telecom, did you tell them about
> the inoc-dba system and direct them to
> the URL with information about how to
> get connected?

Man, that's a question that's really worth asking - and I do keep
asking it whenever I see the periodic  "paging $provider" emails.

INOC-DBA, the Cisco NSP list.. and there's always ARIN / RIPE whois
contacts, that do have a phone number available .. and quite
frequently that is the only way to contact a provider if they're
unreachable from your corner of the  internet thanks to a backhoe
incident, fat fingered firewall ACL or whatever.

Maybe a nanog FAQ entry on "how to hunt for provider contact information"?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])