Re: Port 25 filters - how many here deploy them bidirectionally?

  • From: Bob Martin
  • Date: Sun Jan 09 11:19:28 2005

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
.. and if it has been tried, have you noticed any issues with this?

We have been doing bidirectional port 25 filtering for sometime now. We have not seen this behavior, nor anything like it.

-snip-
Two posts about this in several months - but still, enough of a trend
for me to wonder how widespread this behavior is.

If it works, it will become very wide spread before long.

This may or may not be related, but we have seen a sharp decline in spam attempts from our dial up pool since Sept 2004.

Bob Martin