Re: TCP Syns to 445 and 11768

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Fri Jan 07 11:34:54 2005

Cheung, Rick wrote:
	Hi. Anyone notice an increase of TCP Syns to port 11768, and 445
across random internet IPs? I googled the port, and found a similar posting
here:

http://www.trustedmatrix.org/portal/forum_viewtopic.php?7.954

	We located the source on our network, updated DATs, and
WindowsUpdate hotfixes, but the problem persists.
445 is always active. Whether the million worms who scan for it, kiddies, etc., you'll always see a ton of connections.

We have seen an increase this past month in tcp/445 activity though. No idea about 11768, but Google seems to be full with it.

Gadi.