Re: Proposed list charter/AUP change?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Jan 05 01:43:30 2005

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:57:50 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian said:

> Nanog could have a set of similar topics - [OP-SEC] for operational
> security related issues, [OP-SPAM] for when members really do want to
> discuss spam issues that they consider operational, etc.

And at least some mailing list software (LSoft's Listserv product) even
allows subscribers to say "I only want mail for OP-SEC and OP-PEERING",
and they'll literally never see the others.  The SPAM-L list uses it
heavily, with a fairly extensive set of topics defined - MEDIA for
threads relating to spam-in-the-news, BLOCK for discussions of whether a
given site deserves being plonked in a block list, and of course HELP,
MISC, and HUMOR (the latter usually including sightings of egregeously
incompetent spammers).

(Quite possibly other list manager packages do similar things, but I'm not
familiar enough with the admin side of anything besides LSoft's stuff to comment)...