Re: minimum requirements for a full bgp feed

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Mon Jan 03 13:59:56 2005

36xx or 72xx

Old != bad .

All you need is MEMORY = >= 256 Mb.

----- Original 36xx, 72xx

Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 6:27 AM
Subject: RE: minimum requirements for a full bgp feed

Well,

In my experience it depends on the model of router.  I had a 3640 (granted, it's old) with 128MB that was just fine until a couple of months ago, now it's not enough.  For one BGP table you will have to have at least 256MB in a 36xx router.  Our 720xVXR routers currently have 256MB in them as well, but we've already ordered upgrades to 1GB with new NPE-G1s...

- Erik