Re: IPv6, IPSEC and DoS

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Mon Jan 03 10:55:49 2005

On 3-jan-05, at 16:29, J. Oquendo wrote:

To prevent ARP or ND spoofing attack you should have L2 switch support to
it! Or you can use static ARP or ND entries, which is rather difficult to
maintain.

Funny you should mention this I thought about this but figure the
following, regardless of VLAN/PVLAN/ settings, switches still need to
build an ARP table
Yes, and that's why you need static MAC forwarding tables too.

If you can then enforce the port->MAC->IP mappings you're pretty much bullet proof. I know there are switches that can handle the port->MAC part. An alternative for the MAC->IP part would be the TCP MD5 option or IPsec.