Re: New Computer? Six Steps to Safer Surfing

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Tue Dec 21 02:31:35 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:09:35 +0000 (GMT), Christopher L. Morrow
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm not such a fan of the auto-acting devices, I'd rather have a person
> review the action prior to taking it.... Each security/network person
> should determine how best to handle that themselves though.

For most large networks with hundreds of thousands of end users
(broadband providers, say), the sheer volume of trojaned or otherwise
compromised hosts makes automation necessary.

This should of course be subject to manual review once the traffic has
been cut off..

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])