Re: Anycast 101

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Mon Dec 20 13:11:30 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:18:30 +0000
Paul Vixie <[email protected]> wrote:

> there are some million-bot drone armies out there.  with enough attackers

I've heard that claim before, but I've yet to be convinced that those
making it were doing more than speculating.  It is not unreasonable to
believe there are millions of bot drones, but that is not the same as
an army under a single or even coordinated control structure.  It is
entirely possible to build armies of that size, but maintaining them
over any length of time is probably quite difficult.  I'd of course be
interested to hear about any evidence to the contrary on or off list.

John