Re: Anycast 101

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Dec 17 12:55:16 2004
On 17 Dec 2004, at 06:33, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

On 17-dec-04, at 11:23, Joe Shen wrote:

is there any problem or anything must be taken
care about when anycast is employed within a DNS
server farm within MAN?

What I mean is, if we want to employ anycast in a
cache server farm which is located within a big OSPF
network, is there anything problemetic ? or should we
consider anycast only when root server is to be
installed ?
Since OSPF generally converges orders of magnitude faster and it's easier to get OSPF to select the highest bandwidth/lowest latency path than BGP, this should be easier.
Also, be mindful of ECMP.

http://www.isc.org/pubs/tn/isc-tn-2004-1.html
http://www.isc.org/pubs/tn/isc-tn-2004-1.txt

Joe