Re: verizon.net and other email grief

  • From: just me
  • Date: Thu Dec 16 13:35:41 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

  And that's exactly why UltraDNS' treatment of .org is evil. I really don't
  understand why people with .org domains aren't complaining louder about this.

Instead of re-starting this particular perennial thread, can we please
just abbreviate it to an URL such as

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-kook-anycast-is-evil-01.txt

and be done with it? Look. Some folks think that $technology is a good
solution for $application. Some don't. The great thing about teh
internat is that differing solutions to common problems are embraced.

Better solutions reap their rewards, and generally survive.

I wonder how many folks perpetually arguing this point have ever
actually implemented anycasted DNS service?

In any case, I cry uncle. Can we just agree to disagree?

matt ghali

[email protected]<darwin><
              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke