Re: Community list REACH

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Wed Dec 15 14:53:39 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 4:33 AM, James Ashton wrote:

Hey out there.
 I am in need of a list of community strings that REACH.COM accepts.
Does anyone have a list of these?
 For the last several months I have been trying to get traffic coming
from reach to traverse a different path to my AS. This is proving to be
a project. Right now they are sending me traffic over Cogent and Cogent
doesn't have any decent communities for this type of thing. My
Australian customers are getting 400ms traceroutes coming through
Telstra > Reach > Cogent to us.
Most providers that act on communities, only accept them from their directly connected customers (and in some cases peers).

 This is starting to get to be a VERY annoying problem.
I would complain hard to Cogent to ask them to selectively prepend towards their peers
either based on communities or on a request from you.

And I'd tell your Australian customers to complain to Telstra.