Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Patrick W Gilmore
  • Date: Mon Dec 13 13:10:06 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 6:39 AM, [email protected] wrote:

- this month, another knee was at 150k [Dec 4th] and similarly
  garbled results came out. Again, no response.
...in this one year we've seen the shape of the climb return to the
curve characterized by two years 99-01. Going for e?  I'm not quite
sure what the current point of the report is if no-one responds to
even it breaking.
Knee? Shape? Curve? Are you reading the same CIDR report
that I see here every Friday? The report that I see is
basically a dump of raw data. Perhaps the author needs
to remember the distinction between data and information
and make the CIDR report into something that people
*WANT* to read. This posting of yours contained far more
information than any CIDR report.
The author is providing a service by giving us raw data. If that is all they want to do, we cannot (and should not) force them to do more. Besides, I like raw data. :-)

Also, as for the "knee" Joe mentioned, I think he is talking about the fact the report went wonky. Look at the data presented in the last CIDR report - it is nonsense, obviously in error. This is not the "shape" of the "curve", it is the data itself.

--
TTFN,
patrick