Re: Halo 2 and broadband traffic

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Sun Dec 12 15:20:18 2004

Bob Snyder wrote:

And oddly enough, Sandvine offers a box that does this! :-) They're

jumping on the press coverage of Halo 2 to try and raise awareness of
their product line. Not that what's being said doesn't have merit, but
it's definately a PR push, and definately not a "End of the net
predicted, film at 11" moment.

To quote Daniel Golding from a few months ago, one of my favourite ones:

It has become trendy, in some circles, to lament the Internet's poor
performance/congestion/non-deterministic nature/lack of security/<insert
issue here>. After firmly denouncing the Internet, the company or individual
then touts their product, which will fix/replace/augment the Internet.
It's somewhat longer road without making the tabloid headlines, but I'd be happy to introduce interested parties to solutions we feel are elegant and seamlessly fit operational practises of ISPs.

Pete