Re: (newbie) BGP For Dummies?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sat Dec 11 08:07:01 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:08:45 -0800, Alexei Roudnev <[email protected]> wrote:

> There was excellent docuent on Cisco (better than book). I can search for
> it, if you want.

This one is not too bad ..
Practical BGP (Russ White, Danny McPherson, Srihari Sangli)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321127005/103-1122659-1873401?v=glance

> Btw, BGP is not for dummies, too many possible consequencies of config
> errors are possible.

Sometimes that's the best way to learn .. when you have accidentally
messed up configs on a router that's halfway across town once, have to
drive over and fix the resulting mess, you learn quite fast not to
repeat that mistake again :)

If this guy was anywhere in the asiapac region I'd just have asked him
to attend the workshops and tutorials at SANOG or APRICOT - there are
a lot more teaching in those two events than you see in NANOG
meetings.

  --srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])