Re: verizon.net and other email grief

  • From: Jeffrey I. Schiller
  • Date: Fri Dec 10 18:36:52 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:03:11PM -0500, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> It does not appear that they are caching it, here is a sample from my log
> file:

Well when I tested it (3 hours ago) I connected to them manually while
watching my incoming milter log. Indeed they visited immediate and
verified my address (with an rcpt to command) and when that succeeded,
I got the "sender ok" in my telnet session. I then broke the
connection and tried again. The second time they did not contact my
server and gave me a "sender ok".

It is now about three hours later and I just tried again and they did
not contact my server. Now this is the "success" case where the
mailbox exists. I don't know if they cache the non-existence of a
mailbox.

			-Jeff

Jeffrey I. Schiller
MIT Network Manager