verizon.net and other email grief

  • From: Simon Waters
  • Date: Fri Dec 10 09:44:36 2004

Hi,

trying to pin down why so much email isn't making it recently.

We see issues with various big ISPs.

The most obvious is none of the three UK ISPs I have ready access to can
connect to port 25 on relay.verizon.net. (MX for all the verizon.net email
addresses). We can ping it (I'm sure it isn't singular?), but we have no more
luck delivering email than contacting verizon technical staff, logs suggests
we are in day 3 of this. I'm now listening to hold music at International
rates - ouch.

Have a support call with GXN open on connectivity to hotmail, which seems to
vary with UK ISP, but is in general pretty poor from all of them.

In general I'd say off topic in Nanog, but there comes a point where you start
wondering if the routing is messed up.

Am I alone before posting more details.

	Simon