Re: no whois info ?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Thu Dec 09 15:27:08 2004

At 03:10 PM 09/12/2004, Daniel Senie wrote:
The WHOIS data is there to ensure there's someone to contact. As long as the data listed can be used to reach the domain holder for legitimate purposes (technical problems, etc.), why should you care if the listed address is a Care Of address, the email address goes through a redirect or is handled by an agent trusted by the domain holder?

Yes, I agree. I am talking about not having *ANY* whois info. I dont see how any of your arguments justify

% whois vestigial3had.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for "VESTIGIAL3HAD.COM".

Hopefully this is just a case of the whois info not catching up with the registration.... There should always be some way to contact the domain holder, or registrar. Right now, there is none for this domain which is wrong IMO.

---Mike