RE: no whois info ?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Thu Dec 09 15:00:37 2004

At 02:44 PM 09/12/2004, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

Perhaps 100% of spammers hide their registration data when possible,
but I wouldn't say that 100% of hidden registrations are spammers.

An RBL option of this type of data would probably mean forced
elimination of a benefit to the public - privacy.
There has to be a balance between expectations to privacy when participating in a public space (the internet). Putting your name and address behind a domain is not unreasonable in my mind. You are afterall publishing DNS info, so its not a case of total privacy.

I use RBLs to score messages, not reject them.

---Mike