Re: Intelligent Automation of network tasks

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Tue Dec 07 13:55:41 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:39:25PM -0600, Ejay Hire wrote:

> In my opinion, every network with more than a dozen or so routers needs
> an automated method to distribute massive configuration changes.  There
> is a lot of fear that something will break during updates, but with some
> intelligence, that risk can be minimized.

	juniper and cisco both support taking machine generated
configurations generated by a non-router device (eg: unix host).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d1dc2.html

	it's not just in 12.3T, it's also in 12.2S..

	on your juniper, try something like "config, load override"

	- jared