RE: Bogon filtering (don't ban me)

  • From: Jeff Rosowski
  • Date: Mon Dec 06 12:59:38 2004

	Just thinking out loud, but is there any reason that this
route-server methodology couldn't be applied to other 'undesirable'
destinations, such as the world's top spammers, phishing web sites, etc?
Maybe break them up into different communities, so subscribers can pick
which ones they want to filter.
Sounds like a good idea, though with the administrative overhead of managing such a project, as much as I'd like to see something like that offered for free, it would most likely have to be a subscription based service.

You're also talking a hell of a lot more information in your routing table, since at this point we're talking some pretty granular routes. I mean if people complain about 150K+ routes now?