Re: 16-bit ASN kludge

  • From: Andrew - Supernews
  • Date: Sat Dec 04 07:12:06 2004

 Owen> I think all the meaningful parties have already pretty much
 Owen> agreed on 32bit ASNs in BGP4.  I think that will be coded in
 Owen> the routers well before any attribute-based thing for 32bit
 Owen> ASNs is.  As such, I don't see much point to kludging this
 Owen> instead of just going for it assuming a 32bit world.

Was I the only person who noticed when someone (apparently) typoed
their router config and leaked a 32-bit ASN into the global table?
(This was about 3 months back - I don't recall any mention of it
then)

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com