Re: using sniffer on high-bandwidth pipes

  • From: John Kinsella
  • Date: Fri Dec 03 14:42:33 2004

Todd - first thought I have is to get a linux box with a gigE port and
anything pentium III based or faster.  Depending on the amount of analysis
you want to do, just running tcpdump to a file and then playback after
the fact.  Etherman would make for a good UI to review capture in.

Should be able to write 250mbps out to a fast drive...wouldn't build a
box with that spec with parts from compusa, though.

John