[OT] Re: Banned on NANOG

  • From: nanog gonan
  • Date: Fri Dec 03 11:39:49 2004
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
On 3 Dec 2004, Paul Vixie wrote:

> on the one hand, thank you for your kind words.

You're welcome.  I appreciate you helping raise the
clue level of the list.

> on the other hand, susan's warnings to me were
> absolutely called for, as i was off in the weeds a
> little bit TOO often.

That's fine.  Many of us have been warned and stopped
the activity that prompted the warning.  Permament
bannishment of you would not be fine.  This is what
I'm talking about.

> feels that there are presently too many rules, and
> too high an "S", and not enough "N", then they'll
> presumably "vote with their feet" (or cause the
rules
> to become more relaxed.)

No one is saying lower the S and raise the N.  In fact
I was saying the opposite.  Removal of the clue-heavy
is lowering the S in concert with the warnings which
lower the N.  Simple math tells us that the overall
effect isn't to increase the S/N ratio.