Re: Bogon filtering (don't ban me)

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Fri Dec 03 02:24:12 2004

In Ciscoland its called Autosecure (IOS 12.3):
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/cas11_ds.htm

"Blocks all IANA reserved IP address blocks"

The actual doc:
<http://niatec.info/mediacontent/cisco/media/targets/resources_mod07/7_1_2_AutoSecure.pdf>

Problem is, I still do not see that Cisco has a way of auto-updating a
router that has used autosec_complete_bogon or
autosec_iana_reserved_block.

-Hank