RE: How many backbones here are filtering the makelovenotspam scr eensaver site?

  • From: Chad Skidmore
  • Date: Thu Dec 02 19:29:19 2004

I agree 100%.  I believe that I get to decide what is or is not "ok"
traffic on my network.  I define that in my AUP and customers agree
to and understand that when they buy service from me.

> My opinion (not that anyone asked) is retaliation is childish
> and unprofessional.  I remember the Internet before Spam,

Also agree 100%.  If there is traffic hitting my network that I don't
believe is "ok" then I can choose not to carry that traffic on my
network.  It doesn't give me the right to attack the originator of
that traffic or the person that I "believe" to be the originator of
that traffic.

That's why I am a very firm believer in the power of "ip route
x.x.x.x y.y.y.y null0" command.  :)  Makes the problem go away for me
(for the most part) and doesn't cause anyone else any pain as a
result except my customers, who agreed to let me use that power when
they purchased service from me.

> botnets, DDOS, etc.
> and dream of a day when these are "under control" again just
> as much as the next geek.  However, stooping to the level of
> the miscreant is not the answer to the problem in my opinion.
>
> Justin Ryburn
> [email protected]
>
> "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been
> hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on
> earth."
>   --  Mark Twain

Chad E Skidmore
One Eighty Networks, Inc.