RE: How many backbones here are filtering the makelovenotspam scr eensaver site?

  • From: Chad Skidmore
  • Date: Thu Dec 02 18:06:34 2004

Sorry your experience has been different, this is definitely one of
those YMMV kinds of deals.  That is a significant attack by most
anyone's standards.  Getting to the right security team usually ends
up being the challenge.  Once there however we have found many
providers do a great job of dealing with attacks quickly.  Use of BGP
triggered blackholes can be a great help and going to the NOC/Abuse
team with lots of good information from the start helps you get to
the people that can pull the attack of quickly.  You have to remember
that, like all of us, larger service providers have their share of
low clue factor customers.  The quicker you can help them realize
that you have a fairly high clue factor the quicker you'll get to
folks on their side with a high clue factor.  During times of
outages, attacks, etc. it is easy to get agitated quickly and that
often times doesn't help you get through the first couple of barrier
noc techs.

Anyway, just my $.02 worth and as we can see YMMV.

Chad

Chad E Skidmore
One Eighty Networks, Inc.
http://www.go180.net