Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Mon Nov 29 14:13:56 2004

Paul Vixie wrote:

let me put that another way, in case it's not clear enough as stated:

tcp's existing reference to network addresses are a layering violation,
and so anything we do to improve the situation will also be a layering
violation, but what of it? deciding against making tcp "less pure" is
not going to meet the needs and demands of the community -- and those
needs and demands WILL be met, and probably in even less pure ways.
google for a product or feature called "3TCP" to see what i mean.

But doesn't HIP fix that in a way that is already specified and it just needs to be pushed forward if the community feels it fixes the "next generation TCP" issue?

Pete