Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sun Nov 28 14:23:07 2004

Then I think that needs to be addressed at the RIPE level. ARIN certainly
made me prove that I had a unique routing policy and multiple peering
connections. They wanted letters from the ISPs involved stating that yes,
I had a peering (or transit) relationship with them.

Owen

--On Sunday, November 28, 2004 8:14 PM +0100 Cliff Albert <[email protected]> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:56:31AM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:

> As I also stated in my last post (which you snipped out, and is pretty
> relevant) is that the handing out of ASN's should be harder. Currently
> ASN's are given to every silly dude that says 'i want multihoming'.

This simply isn't true.  It was true several years ago, but, is not true
now.  (At least for ARIN.  I don't know what the policies are elsewhere).
I am looking from a RIPE point of view. Lately I see ISPs popping out of
the ground requesting ASNs and having actually only 1 upstream (there
are 2 upstreams in the routing database, but in the real world there is
only 1 upstream).

--
Cliff Albert <[email protected]>